Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is better? CNC router or laser cut machine

Hello. I have purchased a laser cut machine and I want build one myself. For costs, CNC router is cheap, but... what problems have cnc router? quality, spare parts, energy consumption, etc?

Thank you
Web durchsuchen, die die Router-Probleme hat
Danke, aber wenn die Web war genug, gäbe es keine Foren können.
versucht, Probleme in Internet haben
Kirasama, ¿Eres de Alemania?
Creo que no es de mucha ayuda decirle a alguien que busca una opinión personal -y una conversación- en los foros que busque en internet.

Saludos.
ok adanqfb sorry
CNC Routers rarely have problems, compared with laser cut machine, in the oppsite way, laser has more issues due to optics,laser tube died,power supply died.

I think CNC Router is better if let me choose.

Thanks
Chencan Machinery,CNC Router manufacture since 1998, skype marylee0411
(08-12-2016, 02:29 AM)MarryU Wrote: CNC Routers rarely have problems, compared with laser cut machine, in the oppsite way, laser has more issues due to optics,laser tube died,power supply died.

Thanks

I don't work with CNC machines, but I love my laser cutter. In small works, detail and accuracy is perfect, even with high costs of parts. Maybe in big pieces CNC is much better. Thank you for your opinion.
We sell both machines. This is my experience:

Routers - Very dirty and dusty but cheap and easy to operate. Has a much faster production rate on thicker materials. Items might need some finishing. Can cut aluminium and various materials that the Laser can not.
Laser - clean and easy to operate. But has so much more that could go wrong. Fast production if you are using the thinner materials Finish is excellent.

a Combination of both is the answer. Invest in a Mix cutter that can cut metal and wood. Much more expensive more of a laser with the routers perks.
(08-12-2016, 02:29 AM)MarryU Wrote: CNC Routers rarely have problems, compared with laser cut machine, in the oppsite way, laser has more issues due to optics,laser tube died,power supply died.

Thanks

I agree, we sell both and I find that the biggest problem with routers are the operators not knowing what they are doing. Most of our call outs are on parameter settings or broken sensors that were bumped.  Wink